Visitor Visa Category are a range of visas that allows you to come to a country for a holiday or to visit friends and family.
It is very important that you apply for and are granted the correct visitor visa before you enter a country. Visitor Visa applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis depending upon the current circumstances of the applicant.
To qualify for a Visitor Visa you must meet the following requirements along with the requirements of the specific category.
- be able to show that you are a bona fide visitor with genuine ties and commitments in your home country
- have sufficient funds to support you (and your family) during your visit and be able to show your plans to depart.
- meet Immigration New Zealand health and character requirements.
- Be able to purchase a ticket for inward and outward travel
- Proof of good health and of good character
- Have money to live on while you're here or will be supported financially.
- Most importantly - must have an incentive to return.
If you are planning to visit New Zealand for 6 months or lesser duration, medicals are not required.
Other common categories of visitor to New Zealand are:
Please note that the Visitor Visa categories are not only limited to the above-mentioned. There are several other categories for which you may be eligible to apply.
The applicant must have NDZ $1000 per month available for accommodation arrangements and maintenance.
If you have already arranged accommodation / your sponsor is providing accommodation while your are staying in New Zealand, NZD $400 per month is required.
You can prove your Intentions as genuine if you are visiting New Zealand for
- Family and social visits
- Amateur sport
- Business consultation
- Medical treatment
- Guest of government visits (guest of government status is granted by the Visits and Ceremonial Office, Department of Internal Affairs).
And you do not intend to undertake employment or study for not more than 3 months in total.
© 2019 All Rights Reserved.